Teach English in Japan
more magic than a holiday can offer
You're probably familiar with the sides of Japan that make it such a consistently popular destination - temples and shrines exuding ancient culture and tradition, an architectural Mecca, cutting edge technology and a food lover's haven. (It has the most Michelin-ratet restaurants in the world.) These are just some of the reasons the Guardian readers voted Japan their 2011 favourite long-haul country and Tokyo their 2011 favourite overseas city for the second year running.
..and surprising gems
But, apart from the bustling excitement of Tokyo and Osaka and undeniably evocative temples of Nikko, there are more sides to Japan that, These include the dramatic mountain scenery and superb skiing in Nagano and Niigata in the west where you may also come across picturesque snow monkeys. Or Miyako Jima, a small island on Japan's very southern tip where the hot sun and welcome breeze accompany soft white sand and turquoise, clear and turquoise,clear,perfect for kite-surfing.
You can have it all.
By choosing to teach English and share your culture with eager students in Japan's state schools you can fully experience all of its spellbinding magic, not just what you'll squeeze into your annual holiday.
How Do I qualify?
Qualification is easy. If you
- Have spent 12 years in English speaking education,
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree,
- Are professional, courteous and respectful,
- Are enthusiastic, friendly, flexible and a team player,
- If you can drive, speak Japanese, have a teaching qualification (TEFL, CELTA, etc.) and/or have previous teaching experience then these will be considered as major advantages.
You'll work 29.5 hours over 5 days each week. You may be teaching children of any age, from Kindergarten to High School.
- A salary of Y230,000 to Y255,000 monthly (£1,930-2,130/€2,330-2,590/USD$2,980-3,300)
- Subsidised health insurance.
- Reimbursement of commuting expenses.
- Paid holiday leave.
- There are a range of special deals and offers available for all ALTs. More information about each will be provided to you upon induction
You'll feel at home.
On arrival we'll help you settle in and prepare for your new position. You'll meet other teachers from all over the world, receive local knowledge and tips and attend a training programme which will help you feel confident about starting your teaching job. Your onward journey to your school area will be arranged and we'll help you become familiar with culture and general living here too.
You'll always have access to the information, advice and training you need to do a great job. We put a big emphasis on supporting you in every way to be the best teacher you can be.
Please Apply Online through the APPLY NOW option.
|Contract start date: