25 hour TEFL Essentials: Skills
- TEFL Basics
- Best for Jobs
To enhance your understanding of this subject, you’ll watch interviews with real teachers and students and observe ESL classes in action.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Teaching the Four Skills
- Unit 2: Teaching Reading
- Unit 3: Teaching Writing
- Unit 4: Teaching Listening
- Unit 5: Teaching Speaking
- Unit 6: Assessing the Different Skills
What will I learn?
- Three important concepts related to teaching the skills
- Identify four issues that are related to reading instruction
- Discover five issues related to writing instruction
- Examine the listening process, teaching listening strategies, and creating listening activities to help the students improve.
- Consider issues related to speaking instruction
- Understand how to assess all four skills
Each course unit contains 4-8 bite-sized sections. The sections will be a mix of video tuition where you’re guided by the course presenter, classroom footage and interviews with teachers and learners, reading sections with diagrams, illustrations and tables for you to study.
At the end of each unit you’ll watch real classroom footage of our teachers and students in action. They’ll give you a flavour of what life in the classroom is really like and the best practices of how to teach the four skills.
After every section, there are practice activities to complete that will make sure you understand and are clear about what you’ve learnt. There are also downloads for every section including reflection and action tasks, further practice tasks and knowledge reference sheets that you should print out to build a fantastic bank of training and teacher materials by the end of your TEFL training.
Is this course right for you?
- If you’re not sure, speak to a TEFL advisor who’ll give you expert advice.
- Learn about teaching the four skills that are taught to language learners.
- Get a taste for TEFL training with this introductory module.
- Gain an entry level TEFL qualification.
- Upgrade your course at any time to gain a comprehensive TEFL qualification.
Other specialist training modules in this range include Grammar, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning and Lexis & Phonology.
Still not sure? Try our 2-day FREE course access, read the testimonials from other students and see what all the fuss is about.